Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Eri had a little lamb


These pictures were taken when I was 12 and 13 years old.  My friend Janet and I raised sheep for 4-H and for the pure love of the animals.  We took care of Mr. DeYoungs sheep and heifers for the room and board of our pets.  We also increased his flock by our loving care of all the wooly beasts. 

In the second picture, we can be seen bathing and grooming one of our flock for the Walworth County Fair.  Imagine our surprise when we found out you don't prepare the wool breeds by washing out their essential lanolins and other indicators of quality wool. 

As a knitting want-to-be, I now wonder if it is possible to felt wool while still on the animal!

I hope you enjoy these beautiful pictures found in cyberspace of  these wooly, timid creatures.



No comments:

Post a Comment